LOS ANGELES, Calif – November 17, 2016 – Playboy Enterprises, Inc. and Burton proudly announce the lates tBurton x Playboy collection of technical winter essentials featuring vintage Playboy magazine covers and the iconic Playboy Rabbit Head. The new collection is the fifth collaboration from the two iconic brands and includes a range of items from tech tees and beanies to goggles and mitts. Now available for the first time, the collection can be found worldwide in Burton flagship stores and authorized retailers, on Burton.com and on PlayboyShop.com.
The six-item capsule collection includes winter and snowboarding apparel and accessories that combines Burton's industry-leading winter technology with Playboy stylings. As a part of Burton's broader Winter 2017 collection, the Burton x Playboy line includes the following styles:
- Burton x Playboy Roadie Tech Tee – A Playboy spin on a classic stretch and quick-drying tech tee with DRYRIDE Ultrawick performance and UPF 50+ sun protection. These long sleeve tees are overlaid withPlayboy magazine's March 1975 and May 1964 covers.
- Burton x Playboy Mitt – Playboy styling meets futuristic waterproof tech in this progressive mitt, which features a burly leather exterior for superior flex and feel, and Burton's Screen Grab tech that lets you use your phone with the mitts on.
- Burton x Playboy Beanie – An instant classic, this black and white beanie features a vintage white pom pom and the iconic Playboy Rabbit Head.
- Burton x Playboy Neck Warmer – Stay warm in style with this bandana-inspired neck warmer that features a repeat pattern of the Playboy Rabbit Head, along with DRYRIDE Ultrawick performance and UPF 50+ sun protection.
- anon. x Playboy Goggles – Protect your eyes while hitting the slopes with these Playboy branded anon. M2 goggles. Featuring Magna-Tech™ Quick Lens Change Technology, this goggle utilizes 16 rare earth magnets to make changing lenses easier than ever.
Available in stores today, the collection will be celebrated this evening at Burton's Chicago flagship store with special guest appearances by Playboy Chief Creative Officer Cooper Hefner; Burton Founder and Chairman Jake Burton; Burton Chief Creative Officer Greg Dacyshyn; professional snowboarders Ben Ferguson and Mikkel Bang; and Playboy's 2016 Playmate of the Year Eugena Washington, Miss November 2014 Gia Marie, and Miss April 2015 Alexandra Tyler.
"With both Playboy and Burton known as pioneering brands, this collaboration makes sense and fans of both brands will agree," said Mr. Hefner. "There is no better place to partner with Burton to launch this capsule collection than in Chicago, the birthplace of Playboy."
"As a longtime fan of the iconic Playboy brand, it's been amazing to build this relationship with them over the past number of years," said Greg Dacyshyn, Chief Creative Officer at Burton. "They are some of the coolest people to work with, and they definitely share our philosophy of 'work hard, play hard', so I can't wait for the launch party at our Chicago store tonight."
To join the conversation around the latest Burton x Playboy Winter collection, visit @Playboy and @Burton on Twitter and use the hashtag #BurtonxPlayboy.
About Playboy Enterprises, Inc.
Playboy is one of the most recognized and popular consumer brands in the world. Playboy Enterprises, Inc. is a media and lifestyle company that markets the brand through a wide range of media properties and licensing initiatives. The company publishes Playboy magazine in the United States and licenses foreign editions ofPlayboy around the world; operates Playboy.com, a leading men's lifestyle and entertainment site; and creates content for distribution via television networks, websites, mobile platforms and radio. Through licensing agreements, the Playboy brand appears on a wide range of consumer products in more than 180 countries, as well as retail stores and entertainment venues. For more information about Playboy Enterprises, please visitwww.PlayboyEnterprises.com.
In 1977, Jake Burton Carpenter founded Burton Snowboards out of his Vermont barn and has dedicated his life to snowboarding ever since. Burton has played a pivotal role in growing snowboarding from a backyard hobby to a world-class sport by creating groundbreaking products, supporting a team of top snowboarders and pushing resorts to allow snowboarding. Today, Burton designs and manufactures industry-leading products for snowboarding and the snowboard lifestyle, including snowboards, boots, bindings, outerwear and layering as well as year-round apparel, packs/bags and accessories. Privately held and owned by Jake and his wife, Burton CEO Donna Carpenter, Burton's headquarters are in Burlington, Vermont with offices in Austria, Japan, Australia, Canada and China. For more information on Burton, head to www.burton.com and follow our line atfacebook.com/burtonsnowboards, twitter.com/burtonsnowboard and @burtonsnowboards on Instagram.