Words: Jardine Hammond
Photos: Peter Morning
There’s no stopping summer from packing it up, but what Mammoth Mountain has in store for opening weekend and their Big Winter Kickoff brings winter in with a blow out. Besides the actual snowboarding part, there will be four new snow video premieres, a red carpet magazine launch party, Sundeck parties, giveaways, and a show with Black Lips and Ra Ra Riot to kick off the season’s Concert Series. YES, Black Lips and Ra Ra Riot. In Mammoth.
On snow will be a who’s who in the world of pro shredding, with riders sorting out their latest gear and strapping in for the first of the Mammoth show. Team riders Kimmy Fasani and John and Eric Jackson will be there, all supporting their perspective movies and taking part in the nightlife shenanigans.
What happens in Mammoth may stay in Mammoth but you definitely don’t want to miss out on one epic opening weekend there. For more info, go to www.mammothmountain.com
See below for a full schedule as well as some of the pictures from opening day last winter to get a taste of what you might be in for.
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- 8:30am—First chair of the 2011/12 season!
- 7pm— DC Snowboarding presents the premiere of TB20 by Standard Films and Good Look by People Films at Hyde Lounge
- 9pm-Late—The After Party with DC Snowboarding at Hyde Lounge
Friday, November 11, 2011
- Noon—Après – Live music on the Main Lodge Sundeck
- 7pm—Unbound Magazine Volume 2 Launch Party at Hyde Lounge
- 10pm—Late – After Party with Mammoth Unbound!
Saturday, November 12, 2011
- 7:30pm—Premiere of The Peddie Files by Peter Line + Eddie Wall presented by Vestal in the Village at Mammoth
- 8pm—Burton Snowboard’s “Standing Sideways” film in The Village at Mammoth
- 9pm—Mammoth Concert Series presents Black Lips and Ra Ra Riot at Canyon Lodge
- 11:30—Close – Official After Party
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Noon-Après—Hangover helpers with DJ SlipMatt on the Main Lodge Sundeck