Alexis Waite took some time off her busy summer schedule and she’s got some tunes to share with you. Change is in the air and Lexi’s on the move. Check it out.
1. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – “Heads will Roll” – It’s Blitz!
There is always a f@ck you element to Karen O. Lover her! It hits again at 2:25 and the beat amps you.
2. The Clash – “Train in Vain” – London Calling
When my Mom was pregnant with my, my Dad dedicated this song to her on the radio old school style in NYC. And.. during my gestation they saw The Clash in concert!
3. The Tallest Man on Earth – “The Gardener” – Shallow Grave
Hits deep into my soul, true auditory satisfaction.
4. Joy Division – “Disorder” – Heart & Soul
It makes me drive fast, reckless and want a cigarette.
5. The National – “Secret Meeting” – Alligator
I love the beautiful guitar and the droning voice makes me reflect.
6. Bon Iver – “Skinny Love” – For Emma, Forever Ago
Bon Iver is basically crying as he sings. He pours his soul into every strum and sound. His back story makes you appreciate him even more!
7. Crystal Stilts – “Departure” – Alight of Night
Super sick Lo-FI band, they make you feel gritty.
8. Van Morrison – “Wild Night” – Van Morrison – The Movie Hits
Best song to start a feel good playlist with. This song makes you summer happy.