COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. — October 1, 2013 — Snowmaking began Tuesday morning on the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center at Copper Mountain in preparation for the U.S. Alpine Ski Team to begin their road to Sochi training on Colorado snow. Copper Mountain's opening day is Nov. 1, only 31 days away. The full team of Olympic hopefuls, including Ted Ligety (Park City, UT), Bode Miller (Franconia, NH), Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO) and Mikaela Shiffrin (Eagle-Vail, CO) will be introduced Nov. 8 during Nature Valley First Tracks Alpine Team Naming – a free all American pep-rally open to the public to kick off the ski and snowboard season. The full day event allows fans to catch the U.S. Ski Team training, participate in a fan-led parade and official naming ceremony, followed by an athlete autograph session and headlining live music in Burning Stones Plaza, located in Center Village.
One lucky winner will receive a trip for four to Copper Mountain for the U.S. Ski Team First Tracks event weekend. The grand prize package includes round trip airfare courtesy of Delta Airlines, three nights of lodging at Copper Mountain Resort, shuttle transportation to and from Denver International Airport, lift tickets, four U.S. Ski Team Spyder jackets and a GoPro camera package. Fans can enter now at U.S. Ski Team and Copper Mountain Facebook pages, no purchase necessary. Ten runner-up winners will receive two VIP credentials to the First Tracks event, allowing special access to training viewing at the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center, the ceremony and the all-American blow out celebration. Entries to the First Tracks Giveaway will be accepted until Oct. 17.
• Snowmaking has begun on the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center at Copper Mountain with the first day of training and opening day targeted for Nov. 1.
• The 2013-14 U.S. Alpine Ski Team will be publicly introduced Friday, Nov. 8 during Nature Valley First Tracks at Copper Mountain, CO. • Olympic hopefuls, including Ted Ligety (Park City, UT) Bode Miller (Franconia, NH), Lindsey Vonn (Vail, CO) and Mikaela Shiffrin (Eagle-Vail, CO) will be among the nearly 50 athletes featured.
• The free celebration kicks off the road to Sochi and ramps up the ski and snowboard season at Copper Mountain.
• Fans can watch the athletes train on the U.S. Ski Team Speed Center throughout the day, then gather for Nature Valley First Tracks starting at 4:30 p.m. MT in Center Village.
• Fans can sign up to win a VIP trip to Copper Mountain for First Tracks on the U.S. Ski Team and Copper Mountain Facebook pages.
• The U.S. Ski Team Speed Center features 87 HKD automatic snowmaking guns designed to blanket the only full-length downhill training facility available for training at this time of year.
NATURE VALLEY FIRST TRACKS SCHEDULE (all times local and subject to change)
Friday, November 8
Vendor Village in Burning Stones Plaza, located in Center Village 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
U.S. Ski Team Speed Center Viewing (East Village) 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
"Believe in U.S." Poster Party (CCC – Ptarmigan Rooms) 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
Nature Valley First Tracks (Burning Stones Plaza) 4:30 –5:00pm
Copper All American Concert (BSP) 5:00 – 8:00pm
Ted Ligety, Olympic gold medalist and four-time World Champion
The U.S. Ski Team Speed Center at Copper was a huge step forward in supporting ski racing in North America. It’s cool to now see that support evolve into a fan event that kicks off our road to Sochi and celebrates the start of the ski season.
COPPER MOUNTAIN Jesse True, Vice President of Marketing and Sales
Copper Mountain is the early-season location stateside where guests can experience Olympic Mania in the days leading up to the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi. We are honored to host the U.S. Ski Team First Tracks event, kicking off the team's Olympic season.
NATURE VALLEY Michelle Peterson, Associate Marketing Director
Nature Valley is excited to kick off the road to the 2014 Winter Olympics at Copper Mountain with the U.S. Ski Team. The opportunity to meet the team in such a unique environment will be extremely special. We invite everyone to grab some First Tracks, meet the team, and have fun on the mountain with us…and don’t forget your Nature Valley granola bar! Lock in snow days for the 2013/14 winter season with the Copper Season Pass and Copper 4-Pack, on sale now. Visit www.CopperColorado.com for more information. Visit CopperColorado.com for terrain updates, snow reports, lodging deals, event details and more. Stay connected all season long at www.facebook.com/CopperMtn or @CopperMtn on Twitter.