WHISTLER, BC – February 11, 2014 – Tickets to the 19th annual World Ski & Snowboard Festival (WSSF) are on sale as of today, February 11, 2014. The release of tickets to the public officially kicks off the countdown to the biggest party of the season, which will be taking place in Whistler, BC from April 11 to 20, 2014.
Tickets to the WSSF signature nighttime gala events are now available for purchase, including:
· The Mountain Multiplicity Show, taking place on Sunday, April 13 and featuring all new presentations from the best storytellers in the Mountain Kingdom.
· The OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown, a WSSF favourite that challenges filmmakers to shoot, edit and produce a three to five minute short film within 100km of Whistler in just three days. The shortlisted finalists will present their finished work in front of a live audience on Tuesday, April 15.
· Intersection, an action-sports film competition that requires ski and snowboard crews to produce a five to seven minute snow-sports short film in only seven days. The final products will be shown to a passionate crowd on Wednesday, April 16.
· The OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown, a unique photography competition featuring some of the best action sports photographers in the world. The photographers will present slideshows comprised of their life's work in front of a live audience on Thursday, April 17.
· The Silent Disco, happening at the Garibaldi Lift Company (GLC) on Friday, April 18 and featuring dueling DJs. Party-goers can grab a pair of headphones and choose the DJ channel they like best to dance the night away to.
· The END party at The Whistler Conference Centre on Saturday, April 19. With world-class DJs spinning, all night dancing and lightshows that may result in sensory overload, this is the season-ender party to rule them all.
· Super Brawl Sunday, an invitational Roller Derby Bout where Whistler's Black Diamond Betties will take on the Sunshine Coast Roller Girls in a high-adrenaline match in the Whistler Conference Centre on Sunday, April 20.
· Best of the Fest, a recap of the highlights from the entire Festival where the winning videos from the OLYMPUS 72 Hour Filmmaker Showdown and Intersection will be shown, as well as the winning slideshow from the OLYMPUS Pro Photographer Showdown. Best of the Fest will take place at the GLC on Sunday, April 20.
The 2014 WSSF event schedule also includes a number of non-ticketed events, such as the State of the Art gallery in the Grand Foyer of the Whistler Conference Centre, free daily shows at the Outdoor Concert Series at the Main Stage in Skier's Plaza, the Bud Light Après Series and Bud Light Freeride Club Series, and ski and snowboard events taking place on Whistler Blackcomb..
The World Ski & Snowboard Festival is the largest annual winter sports and music festival in North America. For more information about all WSSF events and to purchase tickets online, visit the World Ski & Snowboard Festival website at www.wssf.com.