For Squaw Valley skiers and riders, an early Christmas present came in the form of 78 inches of snow that fell over the past week. Today, the sky opened for a classic “Squaw Valley blue bird powder day”, with deep untouched snow and brilliant sunshine. Subsequent snow storms forecasted through next weekend ensure the ample base will be even deeper for the heart of the holiday season that historically begins the third week in December. The #1 ranked Lift in North America, KT-22, opened today bringing a true gift for eager powder hounds.
· To date this season, Squaw Valley USA has received over 105” or over 8 ∏ feet of snow.
· In the past week Squaw Valley USA has received 78” or over 6 1/3 feet of snow.
· Current base depths measure 50-70” at elevation 8,000 ft (Squaw’s peak elevation is 9050 ft).
· Squaw Valley is open from top to bottom, with 18 of 33 lifts spinning.
· Squaw Valley has received almost a quarter of its average annual snowfall (450”); with the impressive early season snow, the mountain will be 100% open for the busy holiday period.
· ‘Holidays at Squaw’ bring a host of festivities to the Lake Tahoe Resort, beginning December 19.
· The most up-to-date resort conditions, operations, event schedules and live mountain cams are available at www.squaw.com or call 530-583-6955.