Denver, Colo. (June 28, 2013) — Fall is the most anxious time of the year for snowboarders. It’s a time when that restless yearning in your gut is driven into an insatiable madness. It’s a season littered with reminders that winter is coming – scattered premieres and big bargain sales – but without that moment that screams, “the snowboard season has arrived!” The time has come for a nationally recognized kickoff to the snowboard season. A gathering to appreciate the conquests of a winter passed and enjoy a timeless tradition – the annual snowboard video.
Snowboard on the Block, the 2013 North American Snowboard Film Festival, will take place in Denver, Colorado on Saturday, September 14, 2013 starting at 12 p.m. The festival will be spread across three blocks in Downtown Denver, at the intersection of 35th Street and Walnut Street, with a capacity of 10,000 people.
Snowboard on the Block will feature:
– Over 20 snowboard film premieres including the latest from Absinthe, Videograss, Burton, Think Thank and many more.
– 20 bands across two stages, to be announced over the course of the summer.
– A snowboard contest of insane proportion.
– A massive sale from Colorado’s core snowboard shops.
– A photo exhibit showcasing the work of some of snowboarding’s top photographers.
– A skate demo and pool party in the main parking lot.
– Product giveaways all day long.
– Food, drinks, alcohol and much, much more.
Pre-sale tickets will be available online for 24 hours at TicketWeb and Ticketmaster for only $10 on Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 8 a.m. MST. Following the pre-sale, tickets will be available online for $15 starting July 1, 2013 and available for $25 the day of show.
There will be a VIP pre-party at Summit Music Hall on Friday, September 13, 2013 at 8 p.m. Friday’s event will include two exclusive video premieres and live music in one of the best venues in town.
Tent space and sponsorship opportunities are available to anyone who would like to be part of the festival. For more information, please visit blockfestival.com.