Quiksilver has teamed up with SNOWBOARDERMag and is rolling out the shred carpet for one lucky snowboarder this season and all you have to do is what you do best: snowboard and then Instagram it. The winner will get an all-expenses paid trip to High Cascade Pro Camp with Bryan Fox and entry into the Rat Race in spring 2016 and be named the first-ever Quiksilver Young Gun of snow!
Here’s how to enter to get a chance to make turns with Fox:
- Go snowboarding, film some tricks, turns, powder slashes–whatever kind of riding you love to do.
- Post your best clips on Instagram and tag @quiksilver and #YGSNOW between Dec 15, 2015 and Jan. 25, 2016 for Round 1 of Quiksilver Young Guns.
- There’s no guidelines, no rules, just you and your snowboarding doing your thing on hill.
- Enter as many times as you like by posting more videos tagged with @quiksilver and #YGSNOW — your best entry counts.
- After January 25th, Travis Rice, Bryan Fox and the Quik crew will chose their ten favorites to become finalists in Round 2.
- Bonus, best 15-second edit to grace the ‘gram will win $1,000!
The ten finalists will submit a longer, one-minute edit to Quiksilver.com and out of these, Bryan Fox will choose the winner to accompany him on an epic backcountry adventure. Entries will be judges on creativity, flow and technical riding–any type of snowboarding is welcome. Here’s the rundown:
- Round 1 – Instagram Challenge – Dec. 22, 2015 - Jan 27, 2016
- Tag your Instagram video posts with @quiksilver and #YGSNOW
- Enter as many times as you like, your best entry counts
- Must be 17 years old or under on March 30, 2016 to win
- Entries must be uploaded between Dec. 15, 2015 - Jan. 25, 2016
- Top 10 Instagram submissions progress to final round
- Round 2 – Video Challenge – Feb. 5, 2016 – March 6, 2016
Time to step it up a notch. If you're one of the remaining ten Young Gun finalists, your job is to put together a one minute shred clip showcasing your best snowboarding with the volume turned up to 11. Music and graphics will be provided by Quiksilver, but it's up to you to gather your own footage and cut your own edit. All clips will live on Quiksilver's Young Guns website open for public voting. But remember, more hype equals more votes! Drag your crew in from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, heck, pay to get a billboard put up in your hometown. Every vote counts and could be your ticket to becoming the first ever Quiksilver Young Gun of snow!
- Judged by Bryan Fox and Quiksilver judges
- Winner will be accompanied by a guardian if under 18