(all photos by Darcy Bacha)
It's hard to believe that summer is halfway over up at Mount Hood. When you're out at camp, it's easy to blink and suddenly it's the middle of July. Surprising to all of the staff out at Windells for the season, Session 4 just finished up.
Session 4 was a big one at Windells. So much went down that we figured we'd switch it up with this week's update and give you a highlighted list of what you missed (so you can make sure to be here this time next year). Drumroll please…
1. The Technine Team was in town. MFM, Lucas Magoon, Chris Bradshaw, Dylan Thompson, Jonah Owen, Ben Bilodeau, Brady Larson and Jeremy Seige brought their signature high level of snowboarding to camp, continuing to back up the massive amounts of street cred that they have. The crew literally brought the street to the mountain, with a custom Technine dumpster built right into their Dream Feature.
2. Bonfire's annual Pipe 2 Pipe hit the slopes and the Windells Diggers and the Bonfire crew kept it old school with a jib-oriented mini pipe that quickly separated the boys from the men (the girls had their own division).
3. This year marked the first year the skate portion of P2P broke out of BOB and spilled out onto the concrete jungle. Pro finals was downright amazing, words don't do justice to the level of skating that was going down, which is probably why announcers, Torey and Johnny Castro, spent half the time yelling "oooooh!" into the mics.
4. Think Thank came to camp and put on a premiere of their new flick, Right Brain, Left Brain for the lucky campers. Jesse Burtner brought down a huge group of his riders to hang out. It was a blast.
5. The Technine crew started a giant food fight one night, during their powdered donut-eating contest. Over 300 donettes filled first, the mouths of campers trying to win Technine gear and then, took to the air as the contest ended and everyone started winging the little powdered circles all over the place. Powdered sugar was everywhere, coated everybody in the vicinity and left a huge mess on the kitchen porch. 100%, this is what camp is all about.
6. We could go on, but the list is getting lengthy, so we'll leave you with the photos and the tip that Session 5 is up next with Burton Team riders, Mark Sollors, Charles Reid, and Zak Hale. Stay tuned to www.windells.com/blog for updates!
About White Hot American Summer:
With all the action going on at summer camps these days, SNOWBOARDER Magazine decided that we would condense all of this content into a convenient weekly post for each different camp that we like to call, "White Hot American Summer." Ok, so we know not all the summer camps are in "America." Some are in Canada, some are in Argentina, but that's still North or South America right? Good enough for us. Check in every week for videos and photos from the places you wish you were. High alpine. Hard landings. Soft snow.